(ECA)-Educational Credentials.Assessment

ECA is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one, if:

  • you want to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) under Express Entry, and
    • you are a principal applicant, and
    • you got your education outside Canada, or
  • you want to receive Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for your foreign education
    • for yourself as an Express Entry candidate, or
    • for your spouse or common-law partner coming with you to Canada.

To be eligible under a) or to get points under b) you must include ECA results as part of your Express Entry profile.

You must submit an ECA for all levels of completed foreign education you want to mention in your application. Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential.

If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA for that credential.


Request a Call Back