Family Class

Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

  • Canadian citizen or
  • permanent resident of Canada

Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents can sponsor their spouse, conjugal partner or common-law partner, dependent child (including adopted children)
or other eligible relative to become a permanent resident under the Family Class.

Who can be sponsored :

  • Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
  • Another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions
  • Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).

No new applications to sponsor Parents and Grand-parents are being accepted since November 5, 2011, to reduce the backlog on these applications. They may be eligible to come to Canada for up to 2 years at a stretch, under the newly introduced Super Visa and may get a 10 year visa.

Permanent Residence (CEC, PNP, Skilled Class, Live-in Caregivers, Entrepreneurs, Investor Class) In order to immigrate to Canada, there are a few different ways to apply. To choose the best immigration program that suits the applicant, a lot of factors are taken into consideration, for e.g. work experience, educational qualifications, age, English language proficiency, etc.


Request a Call Back