Live in Care giver/Nanny


LCP is a popular program that provides PR to some temporary foreign workers in Canada. You can apply if you have at least two years of work experience in the Live-in Caregiver Program in Canada.

Right now IRCC is no longer accepting any new applications to the LCP (Live-in Caregiver Program). New applicants who want to work as a caregiver in Canada can apply for a regular work permit, supported by a LMIA.

Those already working in Canada on a LCP work permit may be eligible to apply for permanent residence through the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP), the Caring for Children Program, or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program.

There are now three ways to apply for permanent residence, based on Canadian work experience, as a caregiver.



Caring for Children Program

You can apply through the Caring for Children class if you have provided full-time child care in a home in Canada for at least two years.


Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program

if you have been working in Canada for at least two years as a:

  • registered or licensed practical nurse
  • nurse aid or orderly
  • home support worker


Request a Call Back