Visitor Visa

A temporary resident visa (TRV) is an official counterfoil document issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport to show that they have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

Holding a TRV does not guarantee entry to Canada. The admission of foreign nationals into Canada as temporary residents is a privilege, not a right.

An officer issue a temporary resident visa (TRV) to a foreign national on being satisfied that the applicant will leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

There are two types of visitor visas for Canada. Single Entry visa and Multiple Entry visa. The main difference between these two visa types is that a single entry visa allows entry to Canada for one-time only and a multiple entry visa allows entry many times.

You can hire a representative or an agent to help with your application. The representative or agent must be either:

  • a lawyer or paralegal who is a member in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society, or
  • a notary who is a member in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec, or
  • an immigration consultant who is a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council

Visitor visa can be applied online as well as on paper application in vfs offices.


Request a Call Back