Work Permit

International Skilled workers can work in Canada in case they have a job offer from an employer. The employer offering the job is required to apply for the (LMIA)

Labor Market Impact Assessment in order to hire a foreign worker. A positive LMIA shows that no Canadian worker is available to do that particular job and the employer needs foreign worker to fill the job that is being offered.

These jobs can be offered to those skilled persons who fulfill the requirements of qualification, certification and experience in those particulars skills and categories as demanded in the national occupational classification codes.

A job offer (LMIA) becomes a pathway for international applicants to be eligible for PR.

In many cases work permits makes the applicants qualify to apply for PR from outside of Canada under Express Entry Program in the federal skilled class and federal skilled trades class. Beside this there are various nomination programs by different provinces known as PNP.

International students who complete their studies get a buffer time of up to three years to work in Canada on their merit which is also called work permit. These students on work permit become eligible for PR to apply in Canadian experience class after fulfilling their requirements.